Town in the valley of the Vsetinska Becva river, at the boardary line between the Vizovicke and the Vsetinske vrchy hills. At one time it used to be a crossroads of business routes. The root of the town is Horni and Dolni Vsetin, once separated villages. The dominant feature is a renaissance castle built by reconstruction of a gothic strong-hold from 16th century, many times renewed. In this period a neighbouring castle park with precious plants has been planted. Nowadays there is an ethnical museum there. The church of Nanebevzeti Panny Marie from the end of 17th century can be ranked among others significant monuments as well as the lower church from 1782-3 and the upper church from 1827 with latter portal by Dusan Jurkovic. There are many others exhibits of architecture, for example the building of Obcanska zalozna from the end of 19th century with sgraffits by Mikolas Ales.